Usher Board # 3 at their Annual Day Sunday, November 15, 2009
Our mission is to be doorkeepers in the house of the Lord. We are here to enhance the worship experience. We must meet, greet, smile, and serve each worshiper as they enter into His courts with praise. We will offer assistance to all worshippers, regardless of their needs. Prayfully, we strive to help fulfill the mission of the church to be a blessing to our community so that God will get the glory.
Goals and Objectives
- To be more active in the State and District Associations.
- To coordinate a workshop to train all active Fourteenth Avenue Ushers.
- Engage in regular study of God’s Word through Bible Study and Sunday School.
- Actively promote and support other ministries of Fourteenth Avenue Missionary Baptist Church .
- Ushers should greet the worshiper with a pleasant smile, a warm welcome, and direct them to a comfortable seat.
- Ushers assist in taking up the collection at the Offertory period.
- Ushers offer their time, interest, and support to our congregation’s weekly worship services.
- Ushers should be alert at all times for any special instructions that come from the Pastor.
- Ushers are doorkeepers in the house of the Lord who guard the doors during services.
President – Sis. Wyceithia Williams
Vice President – Sis. Angie Hill
Secretary – Open
Treasurer – Bro. Thomas Riche
Parliamentarian – Bro. Eli Olds
Sister Wyceithia Williams, President
Picture taken during Annual Day worship service
Winter: (Women) Black or Navy Blue Ushers uniform, black stockings, white gloves, usher’s pin, white pearl earrings.
Summer: (Women) White ushers uniform, white stockings, white gloves, usher’s pin, white pearl earrings.
Male Ushers: Black or navy blue suits, white shirts, black or navy tie, black shoes, white gloves, usher’s pin.
Third Saturday of every month at 12:00 noon
“For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of the wickedness.” Psalms 84:10