Reverend Dr. Frank S. Gordon
Reverend Dr. Frank S. Gordon was born on January 11, 1953 to the late Dr. Gill H. Gordon, Sr. and Mary Frances Corder Gordon of Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Gordon is a 1971 graduate of East Senior High School. He attended the American Baptist College, Trevecca Nazarene College, and is a graduate of the Emmanuel Bible College of Nashville with a Doctorate of Theology.
Dr. Gordon received his call to the Gospel Ministry on August 18, 1972 and was ordained on December 16, 1974 at the Mt. Nebo Baptist Church under the pastorate of his father. As God willed with His infinite wisdom, Dr. Gordon began his pastorate at the Fourteenth Avenue Baptist Church in November of 1979. We continually salute Dr. Gordon for his God given abilities, leadership, and spiritual guidance. Under his leadership, hundreds have been added to the church and a new edifice was constructed in 1989. In addition to his many accomplishments, Dr. Gordon orchestrated the building of a church in Ghana, West Africa in 2003 where he and his wife have had the opportunity to visit.
Dr. Gordon over the years has been involved in numerous organizations for the benefit of the people of this community and abroad. He has provided his personal commitment to the following:
- President of the Missionary Baptist State Convention of Tennessee
- Former First Vice President of the Missionary Baptist State Convention of Tennessee
- Former Moderator of the Nashville City Missionary Baptist District Association
- Board Member of the Foreign Mission Board of the National Baptist Convention of America Inc., International
- Metropolitan Davidson County Sheriffs Work Release Commission
- Tennessee Board of Professional Counselors
- Metropolitan Juvenile Justice Advisory Board
- Metropolitan Nashville Public School Title One Advisory Committee
Our pastor is married to the former Tamera Ellen Riche, a native of Nashville, Tennessee. Pastor and Mrs. Gordon have two lovely adult daughters, Tomiko and Trevonda, and four loving grandsons.